22.-23.September 2020 | Gdansk, Poland
- The FORUM is organised by Baltic Eco-Energy Cluster (BEEC), which is coordinated and officially represented by the Szewalski Institute of Fluid-Flow Machinery of Polish Academy of Sciences in Gdańsk, and Pomeranian Centre of Eko-Energy (PCE) in Luban. Co-organizers are industrial partners. The main goal of the meetings is to enable networking, cooperation and exchange of experiences among actors on the renewable energy market, with a special focus on biogas technologies and circular economy issues.
25.-26. November 2020 | Malmö, Sweden
- Customer-focused conference, which highlights innovative solutions of low temperature networks and in parallel, technologies to future proof the large systems already in operation.
09 December 2020 | Hamburg, Germany
LowTEMP Final Conference
- Stay tuned!
15.September 2020 | Webinar (14:00-15:30 CET)
- With the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and machine learning, we have the data, information and knowledge, and smart citizens behind them, to create meaningful solutions in urban energy planning. Through the ability to gather energy consumption data, this vital information gains visibility and in turn supports knowledge-based decisions and minimized negative externalities. During this webinar, participants will learn how three AREA 21 ICT tools were applied in urban energy management, including key elements and points in tool development. The reflection session assesses qualities, functionalities and merits of ICT tools for urban energy planning in various national and urban contexts. Partners and smart city experts will focus on key issues related to tools’ end-user benefits, complexities and trade-offs, household energy information limits, signal-to-noise paradoxes in big data era, opening up to a broader discussion of these and other points.
The webinar is intended to assist urban stakeholders in sharing knowledge on ICT-supported energy planning tools with the focus on urban districts.
8.September 2020 | Webinar (14:00-15:30 CET)
- This webinar provides a forum on the current issues of energy improvement policy and collaborative processes in the strategic planning and implementation of energy solutions. It focuses on recommendations to improve action on energy efficiency at the local and regional levels. Particular attention will be paid to the role of cooperation among energy stakeholders and across levels of government, and methods to encourage and support this.
1.September 2020 | Webinar (14:00-15:30 CET)
- In this webinar, the AREA 21 project partnership provides an introduction to and several examples of the Energy Improvement District (EID) concept as a tool for integrated energy planning and a method to support cities in reaching their emissions reductions goals. Participants will learn the ins and outs of the EID Concept and how to implement it across a variety of local contexts, and will have the chance to discuss in depth with practitioners.
23.-25. June 2020 | Brussels, Belgium
- The EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW), organised by the European Commission, is the biggest event dedicated to renewable energy sources and efficient energy use in Europe. It brings together public authorities, private companies, NGOs and consumers to promote initiatives to save energy and move towards renewables for clean, secure and efficient power. The event provides a unique platform for sharing ideas and knowhow, to showcase projects, network and gain immediate feedback from policymakers and citizens alike.
16.-17. June 2020 | Turku, Finland
The Baltic Sea Region has a unique opportunity to be a forerunner, which is why the Annual Forum is looking Towards a Decade of Innovation and Sustainability. The main purpose of the Forum is to gather stakeholders and to discuss how to best cooperate within the EUSBSR framework and how to tackle topical challenges on a macro-regional level.
05.-06. May 2020 | Brussels, Belgium
- The conference will be a major opportunity to contribute to the discussion about the role that DHC can play in helping communities, countries and Europe achieve their climate and energy ambitions.
22.-24. April 2020 | Heerlen, The Netherlands
The Forum will
- SHOW the progresses, the potentials, the diversity of local energy initiatives
- SHARE solutions, failures, needs for new policies and legal frameworks
- SHAKE the business as usual agenda, the EU agenda, and our own way of thinking!
22. April 2020 | Potsdam, Germany
The aim of this Workshop is to identify the possibilities in reducing carbon emission in district heating in Germany and Sweden.
18.-19. March 2020 | Kassel, Germany
This specialist event on the subjects of technology & security, energy management, law & politics, energy & climate concepts, and research & development offers manufacturers of the entire process chain, planners, service providers, research institutions and utilities a platform for an intensive exchange of experience.
05. March 2020 | Albertslund, Denmark
Based on heating consumption data, weather forecast and energy production data district heating systems can be optimised. Furthermore, the use of artificial intelligence will be introduced to semi-automatic heating systems and a number of successful cases will illustrate how to optimize district heating systems.
05. March 2020 | Alajärvi, Finland
The aim of the events is to highlight the impact of EU and EU funding in South Ostrobothnia.
27. Feburary 2020 | Cēsis, Latvia
Vidzeme Planning Region organizes an innovation conference within the framework of Vidzeme Innovation Week. The event is to encourage the Vidzeme people to strengthen the spirit of innovation in 2020, where innovators will create new products and services, filled with smart decisions, responsible behavior, and sustainable solutions.
24. Feburary 2020 | Smiltenē, Latvia
The event brings together local municipalities, energy managers, public building managers, district heating companies and others. Low temperature district heating experiences and digitalization of energy consumption data in Alūksne and Gulbene municipalities – a key for smarter energy management in municipalities. The event is organized by Vidzeme Planning Region in cooperation with Smiltene County Council.
07. November 2019 | Brescia, Italy
- This event showcased the latest technology developments on digitalisation in district heating and cooling and the innovations of TEMPO in terms of digital solutions for low-temperature networks. It also included technical site visits to a waste-to-energy plant and combined heat and power plant.
28. October 2019 | Helsinki, Finland
- The RHC ETIP gathered industry representatives, researchers and policy makers to network and exchange their expertise on RHC innovative projects, challenges and opportunities to thrive in the long term.
17.-18. October 2019 | Brussels, Belgium
- This two-day conference brought together politicians, industry representatives and research institutions from across Europe to connect and exchange ideas on how urban thermal energy systems are developing and how these integrated heating and cooling solutions of the future will allow smart cities to satisfy the energy needs of its citizens and businesses in a sustainable way.
01. October 2019 | Hoyerswerda, Germany
- BTU Cottbus Senftenberg presented the LowTEMP project and its goals in the context of the regional TRANSFER21 showroom with a presentation booth and a lecture on October 1st in Hoyerswerda (Saxony). The focus of the event was on building and living and thus addresses some of the target groups of the LowTEMP project.
26. September 2019 | Malmö, Sweden
- Dublin’s Energy Agency Codema held a free webinar to explore the important role of the public sector in developing district heating across Ireland. It was a great opportunity for those working in the energy, commercial and construction sectors to gain an insight into the emerging district heating market in Ireland and to gain an understanding of the role they might play in future public or public-private schemes.
24. September 2019 | Malmö, Sweden
- The conference is arranged by the LowTEMP partner Sustainable Business Hub. In the conference you will meet participants from the district heating sector, municipalities, suppliers and universities. You will get a peak view into pioneering new thermal networks and learn about examples of refurbishment and optimization of existing district heating grids to enable lower temperatures. We also take a look at the challenges and the business models of the next generation district heating.
10.-11. September 2019 | Copenhagen, Denmark
- The aim of the conference was to establish a venue for presenting and discussing scientific findings and industrial experiences related to the subject of Smart Energy Systems based on renewable energy, 4th Generation District Heating Technologies and Systems (4GDH), electrification of heating and transportation sectors, electro fuels and energy efficiency.
17.-21. June 2019 | Brussels, Belgium
- Biggest event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe. It was made up of a 3-day policy conference offering various networking opportunities, an EU Sustainable Energy Awards competition with a public vote for the citizens’ award and local events, Energy Days, held across Europe throughout the months of May and June.
15.-16. June 2019 | Gdynia, Poland
24. May 2019 | BTU Cottbus, Germany
- The Energy Day was hosted by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy of the State of Brandenburg (Germany) in cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK) Cottbus and other regional partners.
- Representatives of politics, administration, businesses and science discussed current energy policy issues together with Brandenburg’s Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy, Jörg Steinbach.
- This year’s focus was on sector coupling.
- LowTEMP partner BTU (Chair of Urban Technical Infrastructure) attended discussions and represented the LowTEMP project to interested stakeholders, politicians and visitors.
15.-17. May 2019 | Riga, Latvia
- CONECT conference was an annual conference held since 2008 and brings together scientists and researchers from different countries. Conference topics are e.g.: Heat and power generation, district heating and cooling, renewable energy sources, energy efficiency.
06.-08. May 2019 | Nantes, France
- The Congress focused on topics related to District Energy and provides a unique forum for discussing and enhancing knowledge on major issues of importance for European and Global District Energy sectors, including both technical and business approaches; from new developments in legislation, latest operational experiences, most recent technological developments, and fresh research results.
20.-22. March 2019 | Klaipeda, Lithuania
- Exchange on the already implemented and planned work of the project regarding the expansion of low temperature district heating (LTDH) approached in the Baltic Sea Region, as well as for capacity building in the partnership and the discussion of further planned pilot activities.
17. February 2019 | Gdańsk, Poland
- How to use the existing oversized heat infrastructure in the building after thermomodernization in order to increase the energy efficiency and decrease heat costs and emission?
- Presentation by Dr M. Dzierzgowski, Warsaw University of Technology
14. March 2019 | Gdańsk, Poland
- Living on Campus: BTB’s low temperature district heating system with solar feed-in in Berlin-Adlershof
- Presentation by A. Reinholz, BTB Berlin
07. February 2019 | online
- RELaTED project webinar organised with Covenant of Mayors Office. This webinar informed about EU’s heating & cooling decarbonisation policies, how the ultra-low temperature district heating concept may contribute to mainstreaming renewable energy in the heating sector and how it is being currently tested in Tartu, Estonia.
17.-18. January 2019 | Berlin & Cottbus, Germany
- Study visit to a technology park and a heat plant.
11. December 2018 | Katowice, Poland
- The 6th EU Energy Day showcased some of the initiatives launched to support a clean energy transition in the EU and beyond and advertised the progress already made towards delivering on the EU’s commitments, including with the 2030 targets and Clean Energy Package.
23. November 2018 | Helsinki, Finland
- This workshop aimed at showcasing ambitious plans implemented by cities, to present the Covenant of Mayors framework, its activities, and what it has to offer to Finnish local governments.
16. November 2018 | Berlin, Germany
- The World Energy Outlook of the International Energy Agency is one of the world’s most important energy market analyzes. Questions on the future development of international energy markets are regularly the focus of the report that was presented at the event.
23.-25. October 2018 | Tampere, Finland
- The event shared the current information and knowledge on energy production, distribution and sharing as well as energy storage.
- The central event for industry professionals in the Baltic States.
17.-18. Oktober 2018, Gdansk, Poland
- Topics discussed were more energy efficient systems and new smart energy buildings both using innovative heating technologies (e.g. low-temperature district heating systems) and energy management systems. In this context, the Interreg projects Act Now! and LowTEMP were presented.
10.-11. October 2018 | Seinäjoki, Finland
- The International Bioenergy Days were a two-day event consisting of a Bioenergy seminar in Seinäjoki and a Bioenergy field trip day. The topics of the event were bioenergy use and production and the heat entrepreneurship business model. Great emphasis was also placed on the development of new bioenergy-related project ideas and networking.
- Discussing district heating challenges and opportunities with European local and regional authorities.
- Opportunity to discuss major issues of importance for European and Global District Energy sectors across a range of technical and commercial issues; from resource assessment and innovative technological design to market and policy developments.
- The meeting for an intensive exchange on the work contents of the project regarding the expansion of low temperature district heating (LTDH) grids in the Baltic Sea Region, as well as for the capacity building in the partnership and the discussion of planned pilot activities.
13.-14. September 2018, Gdansk, Poland
- Promotion of LTDH solutions for heating networks to local and regional authorities, scientists and businesses. The conference covered topics related to the use of waste biomass (including biodegradable municipal waste) for energy generation through the application of biogas and other alternative fuels, especially integrated with co-generation systems and low-temperature local district heating.
10.-12. September 2018 | Gdansk, Poland
- The LowTEMP project was invited to make predictions 20 years ahead based on the results and outlooks of the project content on moderising district heating systems. How will the Baltic Sea Region look like in 2038 through the eyes of the LowTEMP project partners?
- World’s gathering place for district heating and cooling experts from academia and industry.
23.-24. August 2018 | Hämeenlinna, Finland
- Main event in the district heating sector held annually in Finland, where discussion of district heating challenges with high-level audiences took place.
- Promotion of renewable energy sources, energy efficiency and recycling.
- Hosted by the project partner Sustainable Business Hub and Halmstad Energy and Environment
- Visit of Halmstad Energy and Environment (HEM) distribution network
- Guided tour of a cooling facility driven by low temp surplus heat
- Site visit at European Spallation Source (ESS)
- Visit of Energy Opticon AB
- Visit of Kraftringen’s main production facility in the Eslöv Örtofta plant, a biofuel-fired CHP plant
- Site tour at the Örtofta factory
- Visit to the heat recovery center at MAX IV
- Trip to Brunnshög, where they are about to build the low temperature projection network
- Most important European conference dedicated to sustainable energy policy issues.
- Presentation of the LowTEMP project.
15.-16. May 2018 | Hämeenlinna, Finland
- The event gathered leaders from the energy production field responsible for growth strategies and business development.
- Partner meeting and congress on heating supply of the future.