15.-17. May 2019 | Riga, Latvia
- CONECT conference is an annual conference held since 2008 and brings together scientists and researchers from different countries. Conference topics are e.g.: Heat and power generation, district heating and cooling, renewable energy sources, energy efficiency.
24. May 2019 | BTU Cottbus, Germany
- The Energy Day will be hosted by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy of the State of Brandenburg (Germany) in cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK) Cottbus and other regional partners.
- Representatives of politics, administration, businesses and science will discuss current energy policy issues together with Brandenburg’s Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy, Jörg Steinbach.
- This year’s focus is on sector coupling.
- LowTEMP partner BTU (Chair of Urban Technical Infrastructure) will attend at discussions and represent the LowTEMP project to interested stakeholders, politicians and visitors.
- Biggest event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe. It is made up of a 3-day policy conference offering various networking opportunities, an EU Sustainable Energy Awards competition with a public vote for the citizens’ award and local events, Energy Days, held across Europe throughout the months of May and June.
10.-11. September 2019 | Copenhagen, Denmark
The aim of the conference is to establish a venue for presenting and discussing scientific findings and industrial experiences related to the subject of Smart Energy Systems based on renewable energy, 4th Generation District Heating Technologies and Systems (4GDH), electrification of heating and transportation sectors, electro fuels and energy efficiency.
- The Congress focuses on topics related to District Energy and provides a unique forum for discussing and enhancing knowledge on major issues of importance for European and Global District Energy sectors, including both technical and business approaches; from new developments in legislation, latest operational experiences, most recent technological developments, and fresh research results.
20.-22. March 2019 | Klaipeda, Lithuania
- Exchange on the already implemented and planned work of the project regarding the expansion of low temperature district heating (LTDH) approached in the Baltic Sea Region, as well as for capacity building in the partnership and the discussion of further planned pilot activities.
- How to use the existing oversized heat infrastructure in the building after thermomodernization in order to increase the energy efficiency and decrease heat costs and emission?
- Presentation by Dr M. Dzierzgowski, Warsaw University of Technology
- Living on Campus: BTB’s low temperature district heating system with solar feed-in in Berlin-Adlershof
- Presentation by A. Reinholz, BTB Berlin
- RELaTED project webinar organised with Covenant of Mayors Office. During this webinar you will learn about EU’s heating & cooling decarbonisation policies, discover how the ultra-low temperature district heating concept may contribute to mainstreaming renewable energy in the heating sector and how it is being currently tested in Tartu, Estonia.
- Study visit to a technology park and a heat plant.
- The 6th EU Energy Day will showcase some of the initiatives launched to support a clean energy transition in the EU and beyond and advertise the progress already made towards delivering on the EU’s commitments, including with the 2030 targets and Clean Energy Package.
- This workshop aims at showcasing ambitious plans implemented by cities, to present the Covenant of Mayors framework, its activities, and what it has to offer to Finnish local governments.
- The World Energy Outlook of the International Energy Agency is one of the world’s most important energy market analyzes. Questions on the future development of international energy markets are regularly the focus of the report that is presented at the event.
- The event shares the current information and knowledge on energy production, distribution and sharing as well as energy storage.
- The central event for industry professionals in the Baltic States.
- Topics to be discussed are more energy efficient systems and new smart energy buildings both using innovative heating technologies (e.g. low-temperature district heating systems) and energy management systems. In this context, the Interreg projects Act Now! and LowTEMP will be presented.
- The International Bioenergy Days are a two-day event consisting of a Bioenergy seminar in Seinäjoki and a Bioenergy field trip day. The topics of the event are bioenergy use and production and the heat entrepreneurship business model. Great emphasis is also placed on the development of new bioenergy-related project ideas and networking.
- Discussing district heating challenges and opportunities with European local and regional authorities.
- Opportunity to discuss major issues of importance for European and Global District Energy sectors across a range of technical and commercial issues; from resource assessment and innovative technological design to market and policy developments.
- The meeting for an intensive exchange on the work contents of the project regarding the expansion of low temperature district heating (LTDH) grids in the Baltic Sea Region, as well as for the capacity building in the partnership and the discussion of planned pilot activities.
- Promotion of LTDH solutions for heating networks to local and regional authorities, scientists and businesses. The conference covers topics related to the use of waste biomass (including biodegradable municipal waste) for energy generation through the application of biogas and other alternative fuels, especially integrated with co-generation systems and low-temperature local district heating.
- The LowTEMP project is invited to make predictions 20 years ahead based on the results and outlooks of the project content on moderising district heating systems. How will the Baltic Sea Region look like in 2038 through the eyes of the LowTEMP project partners?
- World’s gathering place for district heating and cooling experts from academia and industry.
- Main event in the district heating sector held annually in Finland, where discussion of district heating challenges with high-level audiences take place.
- Promotion of renewable energy sources, energy efficiency and recycling.
- Hosted by the project partner Sustainable Business Hub and Halmstad Energy and Environment
- Visit of Halmstad Energy and Environment (HEM) distribution network
- Guided tour of a cooling facility driven by low temp surplus heat
- Site visit at European Spallation Source (ESS)
- Visit of Energy Opticon AB
- Visit of Kraftringen’s main production facility in the Eslöv Örtofta plant, a biofuel-fired CHP plant
- Site tour at the Örtofta factory
- Visit to the heat recovery center at MAX IV
- Trip to Brunnshög, where they are about to build the low temperature projection network
- Most important European conference dedicated to sustainable energy policy issues.
- Presentation of the LowTEMP project.
- The event gathers leaders from the energy production field responsible for growth strategies and business development.
- Partner meeting and congress on heating supply of the future.