Riga Technical University
Riga Technical University’s Institute of Energy Systems and Environment (RTU IESE) is holding a leading position in Latvia regarding environmental engineering, renewable energy, climate change technologies and energy efficiency.
- Special attention devoted to climate change policy, greenhouse gas reduction technologies and sustainable energy development
- Analysis of energy systems with LCA modeling, life cycle cost and social assessments, systems dynamics modeling, MCA and MCDA and indicator-based approaches
- Collaboration with Latvian municipalities
Competencies and experiences for the LowTEMP project
- Provision of scientific and practical backgrounds for the development of the energy and environmental science in Latvia
- Creating high-value know-how for the implementation and promotion of innovative technologies within the Latvian context
- Reseach on energy efficiency, DH and LTDH technology and implementation strategy, renewable sources and bio-energy, energy planning and socio-economic aspects of energy supply and environmental impact assessment.
Main role and activities in the LowTEMP project
RTU is the Work Package leader for Sustainability Assessment. The University is also leading activities to develop a methodology to collect information and data on DH and LTDH and a methodology for strategies to implement LTDH. It also implements pilot testing measures paving the way to LTDH. Moreover, RTU is participating in the Work Packages Financing Schemes and Business Models and Capacity Building on LTDH.